Much of the weight of North American commerce rides with trucks. That is why every effort is made to insure that every shipment will arrive on time, without issue, every time.
In order to accomplish this TLD makes every effort to understand the unique needs of our valued customers and coordinate the operation of our manpower and equipment to transport their freight to their specifications in a safe and timely manner. By achieving this, TLD goes a step further to maintain flexibility in our transportation matrix to accommodate the short term, special needs of our customers that lie beyond the realm of normal daily requirements.
TLD adheres to all rules and regulations of the transportation industry and strictly abides by all local, state and federal safety regulations regarding the safe operation of our assets.
To ensure growth within the company, TLD Logistics not only promotes, but strongly advocates open communication with all employees. By listening to their ideas it fosters a positive team spirit and a “can do” attitude. This “attitude” goes a step beyond to developing programs and initiatives within our service areas that will enhance the quality of life in the communities where we work and live and strengthen our company’s role as a good corporate citizen.
TLD Logistics Services Inc. (TLD) was formed by Toyota Tsusho America, Inc. (TAI) after the purchase of L and D Transportation Services Inc. (L&D) in November 2008. Prior to the sale, L&D was a successful Tennessee-based corporation that had been in business since 1980.
TAI is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toyota Tsusho Corporation, which was founded as a trading and supply chain specialist for the Toyota Group. TAI has been operating in North America since 1960 and through the years has developed into a multi-business enterprise with diversified supply chains.
TLD has adopted the slogan “G-Value with You” to highlight the key characteristics of our organization:
- Global – expanding activities in a global arena
- Glowing – maintaining a healthy, glowing enthusiasm and passion
- Generating – continually generating new business
- Green – raising environmental consciousness and committing to green operations
As we follow and live our G-Value principles, we will also dedicate ourselves to creating G-Value with you, thereby realizing our core commitments.
- Headquartered in Knoxille, TN
- Centralized 24-hour dispatch located in Knoxville, TN
- Truckload, expedited, LTL and JIT services
- More than 380 employees
- 450 Tractors
- 145 Owner Operators
- Satellite Communications
- Dry vans, refrigerated vans, curtain-side flatbeds
- Licensed in 48 states and Ontario, Canada
- Warehouse capabilities throughout the United States
- C-TPAT Level 1 Certification
- CSA Part 1 Certification
- ISO 140001 Environmental Certification